Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Joe Henson Headshots featured in Backstage Article!

Last month I received an email from Backstage asking me to submit two of my favorite headshots with an explanation of my shooting philosophy and specifics regarding the images I had chosen.  It seemed like an interesting proposal and I immediately started considering which images I would choose.  When I went back to re-read the email to see what size images to submit and how long the explanation should be, I noticed the subject line of the email.  It said To: Joe Henson...and 454 others!  When I clicked on the 454 others, I saw an endless list of headshot photographers who had been sent the same email.  454 others!  I knew that the market was getting saturated with photographers since the advent of digital, but WHOA!

I decided to go through with the submission anyway, curious about how my work would stack up against the potential 454 others' work.  These are the photos I chose and this is what I had to say...



Last night I received an email directing me to this link http://bit.ly/nDNFBu.  I was one of 14 photographers in New York whose work was chosen to be featured!

My takeaway from this experience?  14 in 454 odds are...not so bad!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog.I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

    Best headshot photographers nyc

    ReplyDelete